Saturday, February 12, 2011

Key To My Heart Sweets


In keeping with the vintage Valentine theme I choose sweets I remembered from childhood.

My mother would serve angel food cake at family gatherings and it was perfect for this tea.

I used store bought angel food cake, whipped topping flavored with a hint of raspberry, pale pink pearls found at Michael's (which we also used for our heart sugar cookies) and crystal sugar. Budget minded, pretty and tasty all in one!


The cake bunting was a diy craft which I found for free at TheTomKatStudio. I hung it on some thread I had which I found at our local thrift store. The bunting really added so much vintage appeal to the cake and the over all dessert table. For your next gathering if baking from scratch is not an option, but you still want to present "that something special" in diy fashion, check out the grocery store and doctor it up a bit. Give it a try! Stay tuned for more from our tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...