Tuesday, February 15, 2011

50 ways to Reuse Receiving Blankets: The Mini Blanket Diaries

On the day I found out I was pregnant, my aunt was holding a Real Housewives of New Jersey party with all my aunts, my grandmother, my mom (of course) and my cousins. I figured this would be a great time to share the good news. Out of the 8 grandchildren in our family, I was the first to have a baby. So, I decided to go by a store and find the cutest baby outfit I could find and present it to my family and let them have all the joy and excitement I felt when that other pink line showed up on not one, two, but three at home tests!

At the store that day was my first run-in with what would become a secret obsession of mine: receiving blankets. They had so many! They were all adorable! Was I having a boy? Would I need pink blankets? What if I have twins? It was all a little much. I ended up finding the cutest little footed pajama with ducks on the feet, and called it good. But, I could not get those blankets off my mind.

As you can see by the picture above, I ended up with all the receiving blankets I know what to do with. That's just a small portion of them. Now that my boy is almost a year old, these blankets have taken on a whole new world of possibilities....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...