Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bustle Skirt

I came across this skirt a few days ago, and just HAD to make one for my girls.  I managed to get one finished last night, and my youngest daughter couldn't wait to get it on.  How cute is that?!

Find the tutorial for the Bustle Skirt HERE, by Elizabeth Evans at Simple Simon & Co.

I made a trip to the fabric store, on the hunt for the perfect fabric, and found this dusty pink polyester/spandex blend.  I don't know a lot about fabrics, but this one had a nice weight to it and looked like it wouldn't fray too much.

I bought 4 yards of fabric and had enough for two skirts - one being a size 4 skirt and the other a size 7/8 skirt.

The only change I made to the directions, was that I did not flip my top row of circle petals upside-down.  I was worried that they would not flop down nicely considering the fabric.  Other than that, I followed all instructions.


You can see, Tatum loves the result!  Thanks for a great Tutorial Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...