Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Turn the TV off

Last night my husband put on what was probably "Bad Horror Film Remake #1000" in a series that should have ended with the first horrific tale. About three quarters of the way through the movie I turn around to see if he is enjoying it, no, and I say "turn it off, listen to music" (which is what I would much rather have as the soundtrack of this evening), and Brian says "I can't turn it off, I've already gotten this far." So, I was inspired! I made these signs, I'm putting them up, and I think you should, too. That is, if you're tired of spending so much time staring at a television, if you're tired of listening to commercials, lousy jokes, tag lines, laugh tracks, horror film screams and your brain cells pop, pop, pop.

I'm also tired of video games, so I made a "turn it off, make music", we have a guitar and DVD lessons that has been sitting around for 2 years!

Take back your life's soundtrack!







Here are ten song suggestions to start you off:

WHAT I'M ENJOYING - Playlist # 1, 2/22/11
  1. ZAC BROWN BAND - Free
  2. ADELE - If it Hadn't Been for Love
  3. BILL MONROE - Mule Skinner Blues
  4. DAVE MATTHEWS BAND - You & Me
  5. EASTON CORBIN - This Far From Memphis
  6. GRIFFIN HOUSE - Better Than Love (This was our wedding song!)
  7. JEWEL - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
  8. JOHNNY CASH & JUNE CARTER CASH - The Loving Gift
  9. RAY LAMONTAGNE & THE PARIAH DOGS - God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise
  10. BARENAKED LADIES - Crazy ABC's


Linking to:
Craft Link partiesPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...