Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter - Egg Decorating

Happy Easter Everyone!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with your families!

I thought I would share with you the Easter Eggs we decorated this year.
I can't wait to see where the bunny hides them tomorrow!

We thought it would be fun to dye our eggs with Kool-Aid.
So we chose four different flavors, added the packets to a small bowl with water and some vinegar, and stirred.

Of course... we had to make a bit of a mess, right?

Then we started to dip our eggs (we used blown eggs... I love to save a bunch each year).
We found that of the four we chose, the Black Cherry (red) and Wild Berry (blue) worked the best.

They love this!

And here is our tray full of colored eggs.

But we wanted to do more....
So we placed a few in a colander on top of a bowl, and dropped a couple drops of food coloring on top.
Swirled around a bit, then transfered to the rack to dry.

Then our eggs looked like this.

ok... so that still wasn't enough for us...

So I used some Modge Podge and some colored, fine glitter, and created this!

So now we have a very pretty, colorful collection of eggs.

I love them!
And even better.. the kids do too!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...