Sunday, May 8, 2011

Coffee Filter Wreath

If you haven't attempted this project yet...

you MUST add it to your to-do list!


I have seen this over an over around blogland.
It is so simple but elegant, easy and inexpensive to make.  What more do you need?
I think it adds the perfect finishing touch to our spare bedroom.

I found the directions here...
at The Nesting Place

A couple things that I learned with this project...

1)  Make sure you affix your hanger to the wreath BEFORE you begin gluing your coffee filters on!  I didn't, and boy, was this thing hard to handle (without damaging it) to add the hanger afterwards.  I used a piece of thin, pliable wire that I wrapped around the wreath and twisted a loop to hang from.

2)  Do your best to keep your filter edges even with those already glued to your wreath as you work.  You will get a much nicer finished result.

3)  I don't think "how" you fold your filters matters, however, I did find that the wreath had a nicer look to it when I didn't add a crease to the folds.  I got a tad sloppy with them after a bit (still minding the edges lined up nicely) and it still looked great.

4)  Yes, this may collect some nasty dust over time... but hey, it cost next to nothing to make.  Make a new one if you don't want to try to clean the darn thing!


LOVE it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...