Sunday, January 16, 2011

Flower Power

I have two girly-girls.  One much more so than the other, but both LOVE to wear fancy flower clips and headbands in their hair each day.  I came across some beautiful hair accessories made from fabric rosettes, and I wanted see what I could come up with.  I found a great tutorial on YouTube HERE.  The Little Birdie Secrets blog also has some great ideas, instructions, and photos.

Here are the accessories that I created.  I used needle and thread and hot glue for most of the construction.  I covered the back with felt, hand-sewing the felt on some, and others I just used to secure the clip to the flower.  Notice that a couple of these are simply made from silk flowers that I removed the stems and extra  bulk from, and glued onto clips.  The girls are thrilled with the results!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...